planning renovationsKnowing the process and being informed will make it a positive experience.
Planning renovations to your home can be difficult, and overwhelming to begin with. We start with a building consultation on site and a quote from our builder and project manager.
- Initial consultation to inspect home and discuss your project.
- Provision of quote and plan by building designer, along with an approximate start date.
- Review, finalise plan and quote specifications which includes the fixtures and fittings.
- Sign a Master Builders Contract and pay the deposit.
- Construction starts.
Planning – Get Informed!
Knowing what you want in your renovation project is essential. It doesn’t matter if you aren’t sure in the beginning, but by the time you are ready to sign a contract you should have a clear idea of what you want and are going to get. The clear advantage of knowing what you want from the start, means you should get quotes detailing exactly the same thing, making comparisons very easy.
What do I need for my bathroom, kitchen or laundry renovation? We have you covered!
Download our renovation checklists to see exactly what’s involved from your end so we can create the room you have dreamed about.
Download your checklist now
and start planning!
Ways to Save $
- Have a clear vision of what you want your space to look like.
- Know which products your want included in your space, so you are comparing like for like in each quote.
- Stick to the plan! Making changes on the fly can drastically increase building costs and can also have knock on effects.
- Keep all electrical and plumbing in the same location.
- Find cheaper look-a-likes of the same products in a different brand to achieve the same look.
Tips & Tricks
- The building supply chain fluctuation has effected product availability. Plan in advance to secure your preferred fixtures and fittings, or be prepared to find alternatives if they are not available.
- Try and match the style of your home with your planned renovations for colours and materials.
- Always engage a licenced and insured builder for professional building works on your home. QBCC Home Warranty Insurance should always be paid on your behalf on building works to protect you should things go wrong.